Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: NIB 604's on Ebay

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    NIB 604's on Ebay

    Take a look at these NIB 604E's on Ebay ...... wish I could find something like that!

    ALTEC 604E Speakers PAIR 604 FACTORY SEALED FR DAY ONE! - eBay (item 330296906145 end time Jan-05-09 22:27:37 PST)
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: NIB 604's on Ebay

    At those prices I'd rather buy new GPA.......

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NIB 604's on Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    At those prices I'd rather buy new GPA.......
    Normally I'd agree with you, but in this case you would be paying for the whole time capsule experience above and beyond the actual drivers....... I like the look of the original box's, too....... those would definitely go on display if I had a dedicated audio room. I love the old graphics and fonts used in the past..... I got all excited when I bought lawnmower parts that I could see were old stock and got actual carboard boxes and printed instructions that were pre-computer generated
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NIB 604's on Ebay

    Old cardboard boxes are waay over-rated.

    At least until you have to live in one, that is...
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: NIB 604's on Ebay

    as far as old cardboard boxes are concerned..ive a few old pistols in their original boxes that collectors tell me are worth nearly as much as the guns themselves.only have a couple old altec 15 boxes..think ill burn them? not likely
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NIB 604's on Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by valhallax View Post
    as far as old cardboard boxes are concerned..ive a few old pistols in their original boxes that collectors tell me are worth nearly as much as the guns themselves.only have a couple old altec 15 boxes..think ill burn them? not likely
    My dad has mentioned the gun boxes to me....... He's always looking at that kind of thing on Ebay.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.